Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Yep, headed to the opening practice Saturday..


Thanx Brent, I'm excited about going. The WR position is going to definitely be the biggest position to watch. We got a lot of talented newcomers coming in this year.. The #1 ranked WR class in the nation by Rivals.com! Spurrier has said that Joe Hills and Jason Barnes look just like Sydney. I have been expecting Barnes to compete for playing time this season but I am hearing that Hills is the one to watch for. His speed, route running, and ability to catch has impressed many in the Summer drills from what I hear. Mark Barnes was practicing at WR and DB during the Summer as well. Going to be interesting to say the least. Then of course you have Chris Culliver.. I am really hoping to see some punt and kick return plays to see what this kid has got. It will be fun.


Gotta say this, with the #1 WR class in the nation, 2 out of the 5 are bound to pan out. Chris Culliver is almost a given unless he moves over to the RB position which is one of my personal predictions. Dion Lecorn is supposedly a beast. Matt Clements was reportedly one of the most underrated WRs in the nation. He turned down offers from Ohio State, West Virginia, Clemson, and Auburn among others to play for the Gamecocks. Sounds to me like more than just 2 will pan out..

I'm hyped up about going to the practice and even more about the season!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive