Wednesday, August 01, 2007

No soup for the Option.

Ken Hatfield was rotten. I know it wasn't all his fault coming in after the mysterious firing of Danny Ford, but thats the past anyway.

I'll never see eye to eye on the option offense, and I have voiced my opinion in this. I know the running game is very important and always will be. I still lay down the fact that you have to be able to run and pass to win championships. Wake Forest surprised some people last year, but I don't think they will be the ACC's best this year. They will be in the hunt, but I think the Atlantic division will be like last year with 3 or 4 teams tied for second at 5-3. You bring up a good point about great passing quarterbacks. Clemson has traditionally not been super at quarterbacks, mainly game managers. Willie Korn is supposed to be the real deal though, and you can bet he didn't sign with Clemson to hand the ball off his whole career. One mistake made during Rich Rodriguez's stay at Clemson was the philosophy of recruiting smaller, faster lineman, but both Bowden and Rodriguez have realizzed that will not work against BCS conference teams. I definately agree that Clemson has been hindered by losing to teams they shouldn't. Truly, that has been what has kept the Tigers out of ACC contention the last few years. That is why Tommy Bowden is criticized so often. Clemson wins the ACC in '03 if they don't lose to what was then a bad WF team. In '05 it was Wake yet again who cause the Tigers to be one game short. And in '06 it was Maryland. That was the worst, because Clemson knew they could be back in control by winning that game.

Gamecock note: Blake, have fun at the USC practice Saturday. The reciever battles are gonna be very interesting.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive