Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I can't say that I like Bowden's comments....

On Florida State's defense:

"My preference would be for them (Florida State defense) to rush four and defend with seven, and not get pressure with four. It wouldn't surprise me if their down linemen get pressure. So I think they're going to initially challenge their defense to get pressure with four. If they can get in his (Cullen Harper) face and rattle him, then it will be a long night for us."

Its gonna happen. 7 or 8 man fronts all night. But, for him to say this, maybe its not what it seems. I hope and somewhat believe from the practice strategy so far that they are planning for this. I believe at least in theory the big plan this year is to burn defenses deep. If Harper can burn Fla State in the first game it could set the tone all year. Other teams will have to adjust knowing that if he can burn Fla State he can do it to anyone.

Having said all that, we all know that it is much easier said than done. In my mind again, 50 50 at best. Very important game for the offense.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive