Friday, August 31, 2007

Geared up for football, Clemson Vs FSU Matchups.

So far, Mississippi State cannot score on opening week, Syracuse has the most terrible uniforms I have ever seen, and Brian Brohm is my heisman favorite. Also, Temple is still in the game against Navy and their uniforms are very unique. They have Temple written across the helmet. Their pants are white but it has what looks like blocks or short horizontal stripes down the side. They look good to me.

About MSU: I honestly think that the Bulldogs need to go to a different offense, because these guys haven't been able to score points consistantly under Sly Croom yet. I think he runs the West Coast, which I have heard critics point out that its too complicated for the college player. I have actually heard somewhere that it takes a qb 3 years to grasp it. That is too long, in my opinion.

Rob Spence seems to be ready for the game and said he was extremely confident in his offense. He also said he got too aggressive and hungry in the Kentucky game. I can't comment on this because I never watched it. I was at work, and when I found out the catastrophe, I just didn't want to go through that hell. That story is on rivals, but you can't see the premium stories, can you Vance? Whenever you get home I will give you my access, but I am not sure if you are using a shared computer or not right now in Afghanistan.

This is going to be a war Monday night. I think we are going to see the opposite of the last 2 Miami-Florida State debacles. These teams are both going to fight to until the end. I think both will do some good things offensively and defensively and we will be on the edge of our seats with 5 minutes to play.

Matchups- Clemson offense vs. FSU defense: FSU has the edge with the line matchups, but I think Spence will find creative ways to get Spiller in the flats, which is basically a run for him. I think the key will be a lot of 3 step drops to offset a defense that will be blitzing heavy. One area of concern is durability of the recievers who will take shots on the quick passing game. I think Davis should also get a ton of carries. They may only be for 1-3 yards at first, but if they are in a close game those will turn into 5-9 yard gains. Surprising fact: I don't necessarily think throwing the bomb all night is the key. FSU may simply be to fast for that strategy.

Clemson defense vs. FSU offense: Clemson holds the edge in the line matchups here. I do think the new coaching staff is an upgrade, but these are still the same players that have been getting blown up the last few years. I think the key here is linebacker play. I think Koenning needs to blitz early and often from every side of the field. I think it is imperative to find out if either Weatherford or Lee has matured enough to make decisions under pressure and theres no better way than to let Tremaine Billie introduce himself. Fisher will try to test a young secondary, but I think this will sting him. That secondary is loaded with talent and I think this is the best position in football for talent to overcome experience.

Prediction: You know I am not being that silly this year. I think the team with the fewest turnovers will win this one. In a game this evenly matched, every one of them will be big.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive