Sunday, August 12, 2007

I for one, am proud of VK..



I think Plyler is full of shit most of the time. Especially on his views of Carolina. There have been many times that I have heard him and wanted to call in to his show and call him an idiot. He barked up the wrong tree in criticizing VK didn't he.. lol. I was glad VK told him to do his research because there have been numerous times that I have heard him spout off about something that he is clearly wrong about and clearly didn't do his research on. Kudos to VK for calling that turd out!

I don't know what Spence's plan is for his back-up QB's this season. I agree with Vance in the fact that Willy would definitley benefit from a redshirt. Like Spurrier says, you want to redshirt every player if you have the chance. As Brent said though, I don't think Clemson can afford to redshirt Willy this year. If Cullen goes down or has a showing like Procter had last season, the starting QB job will have to fall on someones shoulders. I don't think anyone wants to wish that on Tribble Reese. I think that Korn will play this season and play a lot. I don't think his true freshman season will be wasted. I think he will show signs of things to come and Clemson fans will be wanting to see him as the starter in the 2008 season. I think moving Wade to safety showed that Willy was gonna avoid a redshirt.

As far as the Gamecock back-up QB's go, I along with Steve Spurrier are not worried. Spurrier seems pretty confident in Smelley and Beecher. Spurrier has claimed more than once since Fall practice started that he will be confident in both back-ups if they have to play. After seeing them in person, I will too. Ya'll know I am the biggest Blake Mitchell fan there is but I will be the first to say that he better be looking over his shoulder. Here is Spurrier's comments about Beecher and Smelley after tonight's practice:

"They're ready to play," Spurrier said. "If they had to play now we'll send them in. They're getting pretty close. They're pretty close right now."

Spurrier also gave some good news about the O-line after practice tonight. He said the O-line is better than the O-line this time last year. I sure hope so..

Above is a pic of ole Spence. Looks like a regular tomato farmer.. lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive