Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Maddox wasn't pissed off at all..


I watched the video interview on Gamecock Central when he talked to the reporters about it. He is just ready to play, mentally and physically. He has confidence in himself, as he should because he has been doing really well in the practice so far. He doesn't want to redshirt if he is better than the others behind Boyd and Davis.

Out of every player that is recruited by a school, I would say 90% of them are sold on playing time. Do you think the Clemson coaches went out there and recruited CJ or JD by telling them that they would redshirt? JD made it known that that wasn't the case in his first Fall practice at Clemson, as he left the team due to not getting enough reps with the starting offense. He had a right to be pissed in a way, because if he was performing better than the guys in front of him he should be placed above them on the depth chart. He may not of should have left like he did but he had the right to be pissed I think.

I'm not saying that Maddox is better than Boyd or M. Davis. He is however better than the other guys behind Boyd and Davis by many reports. If he is better than those other guys, that means he should be placed as third on the depth chart. A player that is 3rd on the depth chart at RB will avoid a redshirt at Carolina. When he was asked by the reporter how he felt about redshirting, he told him. And rightfully so.

Doesn't matter now because with the injury of Bobby Wallace, he is without a doubt not going to redshirt. I'm glad there will be no controversy there. Maddox is gonna be a good one with the potential to be a great one, trust me on that one. The coaches know that, and if takes him getting in some this season to avoid him transferring, they will not hesitated. When he does play this season, he will show some good things and prove why he didn't want to redshirt..

By the way, thanx on the compliment about the grades! I have thought about going to school for 4 years but I won't be able to do it right now financially. Maybe when I finish up with my 2 years I can go back. I want to, but part time work at the Hut won't cut it for 4 years.. lol. As long as make the grades I am right now, my tuition and books will be paid for. The money problem comes outside of school. I can't work a lot of hours and keep up with the kids and school. Plus, Jen is going back to school this semester. More time and money deticated there. I know it's going to get harder and I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem with my associates degree. I just want to boast about my good grades while I can.. lol. It will all pay off when we're done!
Side note: Brent is planning on finishing up with his degree! I hope he does and he only needs 4 more classes. He needs our support as well! He has even less time than I do with work and everything. I told him to take a class a semester and he would be fine..

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive