Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm going with half full..

For really only one reason.. Spurrier seems to think that they have the talent, if they get past the mental mistakes, to get the job done. Here are some quotes to support this:

"These guys are very similar to the guys we had at Florida. In fact, these guys are probably stronger than the guys we had when we were winning SEC (championships) all the time."

"Our players are physically just as good. We should play better. We're just not playing very well. Hopefully it's just repetition that our guys will understand what we're trying to do. That's why we have a lot of scrimmages, a lot of plays. The guys that learn from their mistakes are the guys that end up playing."

And after tonight's practice Spurrier was asked about the situations at guard and center and if it was a disappointment for him.. This was his response:

"No, it was expected. No, it was expected for them to struggle somewhat." Spurrier said. "Hopefully they will sort of get it together. I think we will be alright when we start running the ball a little bit." Spurrier went on to say. "I'm hoping our defensive line is pretty good. I'm hoping they're gonna run through a lot of people. We're gone find out when we play against our opponents."

I really do think our D-line is just that good.. I could very well be set up for a let down. I think Carolina's O-line being bad is just too easy to predict for the papers and analysts. I don't think any of them are aware of of just how good our D-line or defense is. Let's hope I'm right.. save the early projections right Brent.. lol?

I think you're on to something with FSU being significantly worse over the past few years but Vance is on to something with getting over the hump of not being scared of them as far as that match up goes. I don't think many teams in the ACC are scared of FSU like they used to be.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive