Friday, August 31, 2007

That's what I'm saying..

All the picture was, was a goof off picture I'm sure. It was probably found on one of the player's MySpace page or something. I'm sure I could dig up some nice stuff on some of the Clemson players on MySpace but it wouldn't matter. All it would be is silly pictures like the one you posted. I could analyze the picture I posted in many ways. May be they are saying with there signs "we're the three gang members." I know that isn't what they meant though, just like I know that the picture you posted didn't have anything to do with a gang. Like I said, the hand signs, like in both pics are common among young black men now days. Working where I work I see a lot of this stuff from some really good guys. It's harmless and virtually means nothing. It all comes from rap music and ALL young people these days listen to it. Brent can vouch for me on the young black culture thing.

I know that we were not talking about Clemson. The only reason I bring up Clemson in situations like this is so that you can see where I am coming from. So you can relate. I'm not trying to bash Clemson by doing so.

The thing about the media is, they never tell the whole truth. If you hear Cook's story and the media reported it accordingly, this would not be as big of a deal. Sure it's embarrassing for one of your players to be charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. It's even more embarrassing that Columbia's media will not report his side of the story..

I think Spurrier knows that Cook is a good kid. He has been around him a lot more than me and you have. He knew that what Cook did was not with bad intentions. Anyway, who has said that no disciplinary action is going to be taken?? That is news to me. He was reinstated to the University by the University officials after they heard his side of the story. He has NOT been reinstated to the football team yet(Source: Gamecock Central), which I'm sure will happen but he will have to go through the athletic dept. first. He will have to miss the first few weeks due to injury and his fate this season will be decided after that. Why rush into the punishment of Cook? It is obviously a complicated matter and I'm sure the coaching staff wants to have some time to think about it. If you remember, the punishments for the players that were involved in the Carolina/Clemson brawl for the next season were not announced until a couple of weeks before the season started. Again I ask, who said that no disciplinary action is going to take place on the Cook situation??

I'm sure parents do pay attention to things like this in recruiting but as much as I hate to say it, players getting in trouble at Carolina isn't a new thing. If you remember, we did sign the 6th best recruiting class in the nation in 2007. I think the parents of the players trust Spurrier with their kids. Obviously they do.. The 6th best class in the nation, bro.

My bottom line is this. I think we have spent enough time on this subject. We have done a really good job about not flaming but this subject is going to lead to a bonfire if we let it linger. I don't plan on hammering Clemson the next time one of their players get in trouble because it really is pointless. People make mistakes and I hope both the Clemson and Carolina teams stay out of trouble. We shouldn't glorify a kid getting in trouble like many often do. By glorify I mean giving it too much attention. It does no good. Obviously you and I have our on opinions on the subject and we have expressed them. I say we leave it at that and start talking about what this Blog was developed for.. College football and the three of us being able to communicate when you're away. We shouldn't waste time arguing over this. We should be arguing about actual NCAA Football baby!!! The season is finally here with Miss St opening it up for the Bayou Bengals to insert! Man Miss St's offense is terrible!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive