Friday, August 24, 2007

Spurrier Not Giving Up Hope On Cook..


I found out for sure that it wasn't Cook's car or gun that was involved. Like I said, wrong place at the wrong time. These were Spurrier's quotes about the subject after practice tonight:


"He's a good young man that, obviously, was at the wrong place at the wrong time," Spurrier said. "He has no history of this kind of stuff, that I know of. You've got to choose your friends (more carefully). Supposedly, the gun was not his. But he was with a guy with a gun, so you're guilty by association. We all are. We tell our guys to choose the right company."


"He's one of our best players, no question about it," Spurrier said. "He's one of our best guys, he's a wonderful guy. He got caught in a bad situation. Kenrick Ellis called me and said 'Coach, it could just easily have been me.'"


"We'll let the legal system do its work," Spurrier said. "I don't have all the details. Obviously, we're hoping with the circumstances that he'll get another chance here."

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive