Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Injury Bug Doesn't Let Up On The Clemson D-line..


Three of Clemson's D-linemen are missing precious practice time.. Two of which are starters.


Ricky Sapp and Dorrell Scott went down today due to ankle sprains. They along with Jamie Cumbie will be sitting out of practice until further notice. Clemson has had the worst luck on the D with injuries. I hope those guys recover well and are ready to play by the season opener. One positive thing that tigerillustrated has reported though is that Kevin Alexander has been pushing Sapp for the starting job. I'm not that sold on Sapp yet, I'll have to see how he does as a full-time starter. Reports in practice so far have not be to good. He didn't even have a tackle in Saturday's scrimmage and was in there for a lot of snaps. Hope he has no trouble recovering from his injury though. He needs to have a chance to prove himself against FSU.

Almost worried to post this but I'm thankful for Carolina's lack of injuries so far. Our biggest loss has been our 3rd string RB, Bobby Wallace for 5-6 weeks. The only other 3 that I know of are freshmen Jamire Williams, Joe Hills, and 4th string RB Taylor Rank. All three should return by the time the season starts. Hills was looking good for playing time but his missed practices due to injury will likely lead to a redshirt. He's gonna be a good one for us down the road though.

Wallace and Rank's injuries should help Brian Maddox avoid a redshirt. I'm telling you though, that may not be a bad thing. Spurrier has been very high on him so far and said he thinks he will be ready if called upon. You guys know how I felt after watching him in practice. Here's what I said about him in my practice report:


"I'm going to tell you guys right now, Spurrier is going to find it hard to redshirt Maddox this year. He is very fast, very fast. He was a little smaller than I remember but that won't matter if he plays like he did last night. He had a couple of really good catches and showed a great ability to get open. It's going to be interesting to see him with pads on."


The practice I went to focused a lot on receiving but I have been hearing that he is hitting the holes really good as well.

17 DAYS LEFT!!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive