Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oh lord,, The glass may be leaking....

I had high hopes for Harper, I may end up eating my words after all. He has really stunk it up in the past two scrimmages. Yesterdays most of all. I too would like to say our Defense has stepped it up and is just that good. I think in fact that is part of it. However, my fear and also belief is that he is already feeling the pressure of being a starting QB. If he has numbers like this, even though Korn will make mistakes, I'd rather have him in there getting experience.

I am not saying I am condemning the kid yet, just that this is not a good sign and FSU will most likely have a good defense:

Willy Korn had another good scrimmage at quarterback completing 9-16 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown pass was a 56-yarder to wide receiver LaDonte Harris, who continues to have a good preseason. Harris had two catches for 67 yards on the day. In addition to his touchdown pass to Harris, Korn threw a scoring pass to Sadat Chambers during a goal line drill.

First-team quarterback Cullen Harper was 4-12 for 41 yards, all against the number-one defense. The offense scored two touchdowns and a field goal when he was on the field.

Tribble Reese, the third-team quarterback, was 3-5 for 25 yards, but had touchdown runs of 70 and two yards. He was the leading rusher in the scrimmage with three rushes for 83 yards. None of the three quarterbacks threw an interception.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive