Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Think its all CJ and JD?

Demerick Chancellor looked pretty damned good to me in Spence's offense. CJ is remarkably gifted. My opinion is that Spence's offense in fact does do alot for making JD look better.

Having said all this that you may or may not agree with. I will say something I know you will not agree with, the missing element right now is not passing. Its the option, if I were in charge I would bring back the option. Go ahead and stack eight men in the box and see what happens then. See how more consistent your team becomes in the red zone with a play book and and players disciplined enough to run an option offense.

I am speaking of the true option not that new shotgun spread option crap that you guys probably are thinking of (see Navy).

I can tell you guys that option football is about discipline. It takes an incredibly disciplined defense to stop the option. Guess what? Nobody in college football these days has that much discipline on defense and it would work.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive