Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Boy he really went out on a limb....

All he did was pick the same teams to beat Clemson as last year. With the exception of Boston College who has a new coach.


Not sure why alot of people are thinking Ga Tech is gonna be so good. I mean they lost their starting QB and Calvin Johnson.


I think it is a good chance the Tigers will go 8-4. But it is likely it will be another team other than Ga Tech who will surprise us. Someone like NC State. I think the Va Tech game will be closer, we will play exceptionally hard in that one, as we should. Its also in the Valley. I say 7 points or less to either side.


I think that I have made a pretty good case for the possibility of a great season. Everyone is basing there opinion off one thing and one thing only and thats past history which don't mean squat. Noone is basing it off any other facts about the team.


I can guarantee you guys one thing, if a QB steps up this year we will have a breakout season. Harper could be the man, I have kind of changed my opinion of him lately. Korn also could come in and do some good. I think Korn would be the biggest unlikely to step up, only because he is a freshman.


I got this feeling now about this year. Last year I thought the Tigers should have been good, common sense with all the talent. I still didn't have a good gut feeling. I do this year, so we shall see. I know that people having low expectations in my mind will help. Things in college football have a tendency to happen at unexpected times.


As for Spurrier, good article. He is on the right track of course. I really believe our recruiting is up because of high graduation rates and keeping kids out of trouble. Parents have a tendency to like those sort of things. Bowden is building a rep for putting players in the NFL. Recruits tend to like that.


As for the GC football team, well I think you have the same thing worry about as your beloved Tiggers. The QB, Blake Mitchell finished strong last season and at times plays great. The problem is at other times he was pretty bad. BM is very inconsistent and it will be tough without his star reciever in my opinion. Any other option at QB is going to be with little or no experience. Your O-line and running game will be improved but still not great, those kinds of things don't happen overnight. Your season in my mind will go as good as BM plays. Much like the Tigs, I think you can agree it could go either way.


The one thing I like that Spurrier said was that you don't have to have a better team to win. I agree, you just have to be more motivated.


For you to have good season, 8-4 or better BM is gonna have to play like he did at the end of the year all year. That is if he doesn't have to run for his life for the first half, like last year (not all his fault).


The Cocks are in unfamiliar territory now, as the Tigers were last year. They have lost the excuse of we don't have good enough atheletes. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive