Monday, July 30, 2007

In my "Arrogant" Opinion...


Wow, you guys have done a lot of posting today. I think all of the SEC rearranging teams is all rumors, at least for the near future. As with everything, college football will evolve and conference alignments may change, but I don't see anything happening for a long time.


I don't ever remember criticizing Rich Rodriguez's offense, quite frankly, because I wasn't into football as much during that time. My point is the offense has been inconsistent since he left. I also said Spence was an upgrade from Brad Scott and Mike O'Cain. Maybe he will turn out to be good, I just don't like his offense right now. In all fairness though, Will Proctor just couldn't get the job done. He never recovered from that VT game and showed signs before that (wake forest game). I don't think anyone in orange ever recovered from that. My opinion in this fact is simple: Roman Fry going down was what made the difference. You may disagree, but I just think that was a bigger blow than it may have seemed. On black quarterbacks: I like Woody Dantzler. I just haven't liked the attitude some of them have brought and I think the Vick brothers have unfairly slanted my view on this, which I will admit is stereotyping. I have always known Mike Vick was a punk though and he is the reason I never became a fan of the Hokies. I am just an old school fan sometimes, thinking about Joe Montana, Brett Favre, and John Elway and the heroic nature they brought to football. I miss that about football and Clemson's hero for me was Whitehurst because of the 2003 Peach Bowl.


Last year's loss to Carolina brought back the rivalry, which is a good thing for the most part. I just don't think any of us Clemson fans are ready to watch the Gamecocks beat the Tigers on a regular basis because it hasn't happened in our lifetime. With that being said, Steve Spurrier is for real and any Clemson fan that doesn't think SC isn't gonna start winning more than they ever have is wrong. I just hope it isn't against Clemson! There isn't a knock I can really have on him, because he has proven himself more than any coach in the modern era (to me thats the mid 90's until now). Ken Hatfield couldn't win squat and he was the worst coach in Clemson history. Tommy West wasn't terrible, hence his success at Memphis. He just didn't get the job done here. Tommy Bowden has been great for Clemson in every aspect of coaching except consistency on the field. Plyler's blog today spoke some truth and I think that may be the key to having consistent success. I am not changing my opinion of Tommy right now, because the bottom line is he needs to start winning more games.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive