Thursday, July 19, 2007

That article just backs up what I was going to post anyway....

Brent, I can agree somewhat with what you guys say about Bowden. The fact still remains, save the inconsitency winning he has been good for Clemson.


I too have had many disappointments, but the facts still remain.


There are several types of coaches, Spurrier for example is an offensive genius. Many coaches, good coaches in fact are good managers. The fact is Bowden is a good manager. He manages the team. His daddy for example (what he was brought in to be) is a manager. Its painfully obvious to FSU fans that Bobby does not call offensive plays. Else he would have saved his son's job, which he was unable to do. But he is one of the all time great managers in coaching. FSU as far as I can remember has had minimal problems and some of the greatest players in college football. Bobby has had great coordinators. Mickey Andrews (D) and a host of great offensive coordinators.


Tommy has finally tapped into recruiting great players. I still believe if we have a good QB we will do something finally. I think that is the missing link. You cannot deny Bowden has built the most talented football team in Clemson history. I'm sorry Brent, I'll take it for now. If the man has been able to raise recruiting to the level it is at now, solely on good management, certainly not his name in coaching. Well, who is to say he can't put the right coaching staff around him to finally get where we want? I can't say Spence is it yet (not enough time). I am sold on VK.


I do however think he can one day get it right. Sorry guys, I have thought about this alot and changed my mind somewhat. He knows he needs to step it up coaching wise.


Record ticket sales, recruiting, graduation rates, NFL players, facilities and money just don't lie.


I won't dog on QR, I hope he gets straightened out. Opinions please.....

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive