Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good post bro..




Yea, I think that guy was just making those predictions for fun like we all do. None of us will know what's gonna happen til it happens.

I don't really know why a lot of people think Ga. Tech is gonna be good this year either. All I hear is that they will be better because Ball is gone.. Ok yea, sooo.. They also lost the best WR in the nation.

I told Brent not long ago that if it was true that Harper was as accurate as Whitehurst and has a stronger arm than Proctor.. Clemson will be unstopable. Thing is, I don't see how a guy that couldn't unseat Proctor last year could be compared to Whitehurst in any aspect. I haven't heard and bad reviews of Harper but I haven't heard any rave reviews either. I know Brent told me after he saw Harper and Wade in person that Korn is going to have to step up, if he doesn't it would be a long year for Clemson. Like I said though, the kid could come out and be incredible.. We'll know soon.

I know the feeling you got about Clemson because I got the same feeling about Carolina. I got a funny feeling that this will be a surprising year, I really do.

I also agree with you about your veiw of Carolina. Blake has been inconsistant at times. I think if he can play as good as he did at the end of last season, Carolina will be seriously competing for the SEC. I don't think the loss of Sidney is going to hurt as bad as some think. I mean yea we would be better if we had him, but if we still had him, Blake would still have that comfort zone. Throw it up to Sidney, he'll get it. Blake's going to be forced this season to scan the field and find the best option. When before, at times there was only one option for him.. the Sidney option. There were times where Sidney was double teamed and Blake had a RB in the flats wide open for the 1st down. Guess where Blake went.. My only fear is that Blake gets in that same comfort zone with another single WR this year. That would be a damn shame..

Another thing that I agree with you on is that Blake will be as good as his O-line will let him be. I also agree that the O-line will be better this year, but as of right now, before Fall practice, they are still a question mark.

That's what I meant by my post of Clemson's question marks. Everyone has them every year, just like the Carolina O-line, losing Sidney, and Blake Mitchell. It was not a knock on the Clemson team at all, it was what it was, question marks that will prove to be positive or negative. Every one of the things that I mentioned about Clemson are question marks and will remain to be until the season starts or maybe by Fall practice. Sure we can have our positive opinions. You gave yours about Clemson in response to my post, and you could very well be right but not until it is proven on the field. I think that it will be almost impossible for a 5 year senior that has started since his sophmore season to do bad in Blake Mitchell but it will still be a question mark regardless of what I think until we see it on the field.


Lastly, one of the smartest things you said in the post is that Carolina does not have the excuse of not having talent anymore.. We do however still have the old faithful crutch of playing in the SEC ; ).... Hopefully we won't need excuses after this season.. I got a funny feeling!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive