Saturday, July 28, 2007

Surprise, Surprise!

Where do you guys find these rumors? Clemson in the SEC? Who would leave, first of all? Kentucky or Vandy? Or maybe Clemson and South Carolina are going to swap conferences lol.
Seriously, though Houston Nutt can stay where he is.

Right now I am in disbelief about Davis or Spiller not being on the ACC picks during media days. I will definately agree with Brandon Ore, but Tashard Choice isn't as good as either one of Clemson's backs (not to say he isn't good). The media is also hyping GT, but I don't buy that one either. Calvin Johnson's absence will be felt in an offense that I have never found too impressive. I think the Jackets are good, but I have watched them play the last few years and I don't think Reggie Ball was the only concern with that team. Also, I think the defense is overrated. Just ask CJ Spiller and James Davis their opinion on that defense.

Enough about the old gold and navy. What about the Tigers? I definately think we will lead the conference in rushing again. I am letting my closely guarded feelings out, guys. I think Clemson will play for the ACC this year. I know Blake is gonna give me hell, but I am laying it out there. They will lose to the Hokies in that game, but I just have a feeling about Clemson. I think CJ Spiller will be even better and will carry this team, something he wasn't quite ready for last year. I also think Harper will have a quietly productive year. I know this may come as a shock, because I have been outwardly negative, but I just think this is the year Clemson gets the double digit wins. I think the defense is great and deeply talented on the DL and secondary. If Clay and Billie stay healthy, the linebacker unit will be solid as well. I know the defense is young, but nearly everyone who will see playing time got a ton of action last year. In today's game, players only need one year of experience to become superstars with the exception of QB and offensive line. Now, Clemson is breaking in a new line, but they have a lot of experience already and Chris Mcduffie started 5 games last year, with Barry Richardson making it 2 returning starters. Call me a fool, but dammit I have thought and analyzed this every day and a lot of times all day. That doesn't mean a lot, but I think I am better at recognizing some things in college football than nearly every Clemson or Carolina fan I know.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive