Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Expectations are low this year.

Everyones is. But you guys missed my point. I do believe it will happen on an unexpected year. This year has the potential. The talent is there.


I don't agree with you about Spence, not yet anyway. I have to see him have a good QB, do the same then I will agree. Spence is known as a Quarterbacks coach, in theory thats where he gets it done, at least at Toledo and you can't argue the success of their offense under his tenure. The thing is he has had time to work with Harper. From what I am hearing Harper has a stronger arm than Proctor and is as accurate as Whitehearst. I dunno, we all dunno untill Sept.


Ideally, Harper would be good and Korn would redshirt. I am also hearing Korn is not opposed at all to that, which is good. He gets another year to mature and it could make all the difference. A. Kelly I have been hearing has really stepped it up this year. Ford is expected to be the man, I have no reason to doubt (from play in last years games) if he has made any improvements at all this will be the case, he has been burning it up in pre-season. Don't forget about Tyler Grisham, he has the potential to be good. We talk about under-rated players, well the most underated reciever in my mind is Rendrick Taylor. He was on his way to being the man last year, he simply rips the ball away from recievers even on bad passes, he is a beast. I am not gonna ponder injuries, that can't be predicted or prevented.


As far as running backs go, we have the best combination in the nation. But yes, I agree, if both get injured we are in trouble. But I don't think any team in the country could say we will be OK if both starting RB got hurt.


The O-line is gonna be just fine, maybe even better. These guys played every game and even most quarters towards the end. They came in not just on big wins but throughout the game and it was not a step down when they came in.


Ricky Sapp is an outside rusher whos main purpose will be pressuring QB's. He was the second leading sack man behind GA last year. So far, he has lived up to expectations. He will not do alot for the interior DL as a pass rusher working on the outside, it just won't be his job. He will however be hard to get around on the outside, I wouldn't try running the ball to the outside on his side. LB could be a slight area of concern. However, the potential is there, just a couple of mental question marks. I have to assume as of right now Tremaine Billie being in trouble is just rumor control. It is however a question as to if he is 100% physically. If he is though, look out.


As for those three games, yes the opposing teams had some success. Again VT is just an all around washout. The other two teams had little to no running game. Unfortunately, the defense was set up to stop the pass. I think VK learned a lesson. But we can't forget every other team last year was shut down. The DL was young and is returning, they were not supposed to be as dominant as they were most of the year. They will be better.


The bottom line is we are sound at almost every position, oops. I tried to forget, special teams. We should have made some improvements with the new coordinator. QB and coaching (offense) in my mind is the big question. If a Qb comes in and is successfull, look out. I can tell you with alot of confidence that either one will be better than Proctor, it would be hard to argue that one.


Better could mean two more wins easily, which would constitute a good season finally. But again, expectations are low, due to QB and coaching. Could be worse.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive