Monday, July 30, 2007

I never said I was thankful for Tommy..



I said the opposite. I said as far as being a hater, he was the one that I hated. His Clemson teams have whooped Carolina every year but 3 (I'm not counting 2005 as a whooping because we could have won that one as easy as we lost it.) I'm hoping Tommy will hang around Clemson for a while to give Carolina a chance to even up the rivalry against him a little. Like you said, the Carolina game isn't gonna be a easy one for him anymore. I liked Holtzy and still do, but under him the rivalry got worse and worse. Steve Spurrier is not going to allow the rivalry to get like Holtz did, ya'll know that. But no, I never said I was always thankful for Tommy being at Clemson.


On Rich Rod.. The reason ya'll didn't like his offense at the time was because you didn't like having a black, scrambling QB. I know this is true because I remember it being said. That was one of the reasons you guys were so happy after seeing Whithurst get some playing time. Am I wrong? I felt the same about the Lou and Skip offense after Phil Petty graduated. Anyways, Rich proved his offense would work in a weaker conference.. and yea he did beat a decent UGA team which was what hyped up WV in the first place.

As far as Spence goes, I could very well be wrong about him. Until I'm proved wrong, I will keep my opinion. Sure he has the running game on track but dang, so could Ken Hatfield with JD and Spiller. I think he wasted Whitehurst's senior season. He should have found a way for CW to work in his offense instead of making a 5th year senior change. That's just what I think.

Like I have said though, Clemson should have an outstanding season on shear talent alone. I just hope Tommy and Spence doesn't ruin it for them.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive