Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I will talk about the Cocks...

The GOOD

We will start with the good stuff. The key to your season (as with the Tigers) is at QB. The Cocks have enough untested talent at every position to be good. Blake Mitchell ended on a positive note last year which is good. If he plays all year as he did at the end last year look out!!!

The BAD

The key to your season (as with the Tigers) is at QB. Blake Mitchell can be down right awfull, both on and off the field. He is one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen. I don't hate on the Cocks anymore, but I did at one time and my favorite person as a hater was Blake Mitchell. I always would say The Cocks look pretty good, then I would think, Blake Mitchell , no problem. The Cocks have enough untested talent at every position to be bad. Well, maybe this will be good for you, with Clemson, even though they are no doubt better atheletes there is no substitute for experience.

The UGLY

Sydney Rice, Blake Mitchell built most of his good playing time around S.R. I heard Mickey P. say it this week: (speaking of the Tiger O-line) "Fans say it all the time ""We lost our starter, but hey no problem, our BACK-UP is better anyway"". This is a popular belief, but sadly, very very seldom is this the case. You just don't lose a player like S. Rice or Calvin Johnson and it not be a huge set back. Offenses are built around players like this. Even when they are not catching the football, they are being double covered. It will impact the Cocks this year.

Also, I just can't agree, because I just have no reason (as with Korn for the Tigers) to believe the Cocks have a QB back up ready to lead them to any kind of SEC title. I think Korn is better than any of them, obviously, because I am a Tiger fan and I don't think he could step in an win an SEC championship. I think they would do some good things and get good playing time in, even have a winning season. But thats about it, same as with the Tigers in the back up scenerio.


Summary:

The Cocks have a good shot, it lies in B.M. hands. The good thing is, we have seen him play well. The bad we have also have seen him play bad. I give you a 50 50 shot. The up to that is thats damn good. In the past I would have given you a snowballs chance in hell and alot of laughter.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive