Monday, July 30, 2007

I didn't comment on Clemson to the SEC..





I haven't heard any rumor about this happening. I have however seen Clemson fans bring it up in the past on message boards and for the most part everyone thought it was a decent idea. I don't think it would be bad idea either. It would definitely be good for Clemson because the ACC is losing more and more respect every year. Which could be right or could be wrong but regardless, It's happening and Wake Forest winning the conference only made it worse. I give the ACC more credit than many do, I think they are better than the Big East and Pac 10.

Anyway, I'm glad you brought this up because the SEC trading to get another school has been a topic that I had meant to bring up here before but forgot about. I got a good scenario for you that I've heard a good bit about.


This is the most likely scenario that I've heard would happen if another team were to be traded to the SEC, and I've heard it has been worked on before by the SEC (which is likely nothing more than another big rumor) but there is a big reason that it will likely never happen:


The Big Ten has been trying to expand their conference to have 12 teams for a conference championship game. Boise St and Nebraska would move to the Big Ten. Arkansas would move to the Big 12. Louisville would move to the ACC and NC State would then move to the SEC in order to have a North Carolina representative in the SEC. The SEC wants a North Carolina school and wouldn't necessarily have to be NC State but I've heard they would be the most likely candidate..


This will likely never happen because of the great North Carolina basketball rivalries with UNC, Duke, Wake, and the most likely candidate for the SEC NC State.


I've heard this scenario numerous times but it is just a rumor like the Clemson to SEC one I guess. I thought it was interesting.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive