Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fat ass Weiss at it again..


This time with Clemson commit Marcus Gilchrist.

High Point, N.C., cornerback Marcus Gilchrist experienced a minor setback early in his senior season. The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder dislocated his elbow and missed four games in the middle of the schedule. But that hasn't stopped schools from contacting the national prospect that's committed to Clemson.

Back in July, Gilchrist ended his recruitment when he verbally committed to Clemson. He's still a solid commitment but he often hears from other coaches, including one from Notre Dame.

"Coach (Bill) Lewis called me," he said. "I talked to him about two weeks ago and I know he came by my school. If I was to take any visits it would probably be in January and Notre Dame would be a place that I'd be interested in."

Gilchrist has been closely following Clemson's season this year.

"I think their season has been going pretty well," he said. "They had a few breakdowns and letdowns here and there, but things are going pretty good."

Gilchrist has also paid attention to Notre Dame. The Irish have been equally impressive and the history of the school and football program is what keeps him interested in the Irish.

"I think they've been doing pretty good too," he said. "They play against quality teams and they pull it out and win. (I'm interested in) their strong academic history and their football history."

Gilchrist will make an official visit to Clemson in January.

Gilchrist is a member of the Rivals100 and the No. 6 cornerback in the country.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive