Friday, November 03, 2006

Did ya'll know about these absurd rumors?


I sure didn't.. Anyway Spurrier let the Gamecock nation know in his weekly call-in show there was nothing to worry about.. Again, sounds like the Gamecocks will be stuck with the Ole Ball Coach for a while..

MIAMI JOB: A caller asked Spurrier about Internet rumors connecting him to the Miami job. "I have no interest," Spurrier said. "I'm here. It's not going to happen because people know I came here to win a SEC championship. I've already told all the recruits that if I had happened to go to LSU or Alabama or Tennessee, there's nothing I could do different than what some other coaches have already done. The opportunity and challenge here at South Carolina is to do something that's never been done and that's win a SEC championship. That's the challenge for me. I've already been fortunate to win several (titles) at Florida and I won one at Duke. To win one here is the ultimate challenge for me. That's what got me going."

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive