Thursday, November 09, 2006

No, I know you are not flaming...

But as usual I have a different perception of what is wrong with this. These things happen all the time, whats the big problem here? It should have stayed in the locker room. That was between the coaches and players. Of course there was heated discussions. The Tigers season just went down the tubes. Putting this out to the public was unnecessary. Why do we need to know about this? Did it involve the public? No not at all, it was frustration after a tough loss.

I am not flaming either but I do feel Spurriers comments about his players should have stayed in the locker rooms. Probably he should have kept them to himself all together. Is he right, sure no doubt. But I hardly think saying to his players that they cannot win and they have to recruit other players to win will inspire confidence. Maybe the Cocks are not talented enough to win the SEC which is a tall task even for a more talented team. I do however think they are playing their hearts out and that won't help. No doubt he needs more players, but that is totally beside the point. Not a flame bro, but I think you probably agree with me. He gets respect for his accomplishments and he will have a championship team more than likely one day. He just needs to tone down on the young football team that you have. Nobody likes to be told they will never be talented enough to win. Thoughts? If you disagree don't get mad because I am serious about not flaming.

Brent, I agree with you. Two things.

1. Bowden gets critism constantly and feels like he is defending himself at all times.
2. He is trying build confidence in his players, most of which will be back next year.
He has to inspire confidence in Proctor some kind of way and find something positive to talk about. Otherwise not only will we lose from here on out, it could carry over into next year. Again, a coaching change is not the answer and we need to learn to stand behind our team and coaches even in adversity. Otherwise we contribute to our own demise, I think the Tiger fans helped Maryland Saturday, like it or not.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive