Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Close to choosing the Gamecocks?


As of tonight, Tampa (Fla.) Jefferson four-star quarterback Stephen Garcia is the only signal caller in the Rivals250 to have not committed to a school. It appears things are about to change.

"I'm leaning towards having a press conference at my school next Wednesday," the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Garcia said. "I'll know for sure in the next day or two."

Garcia spent most of his Tuesday evening with South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier.

"He and coach (David) Reaves were at my house for about four hours tonight," Garcia said. "It was just crazy spending that much time with him in my own house. I mean, he's the best coach in America when it comes to offense and quarterbacks. I loved it."

During the visit, Spurrier addressed the persistent rumors that he could be headed to Alabama to replace the recently fired Mike Shula.

"He said there's no chance of it happening. He's staying at South Carolina for sure, so that was good to hear."

Garcia is still contemplating when he'll take his visits and whether he'll graduate in December and enroll in college in January.

"As far as the visits go, I'm definitely visiting South Carolina and maybe Oklahoma. Ole Miss is still in there a little bit, too, but I don't know if I'm going to get there for a visit or not. It's really down to those three teams."

As has been the case throughout the process, one team remains at the top of his list.

"It's South Carolina. They're still No. 1 on my list."


Who do you think he will choose? I got my money on Carolina!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive