Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sydney Rice Will Definitely Be Back Next Year!


Spurrier stated in his weekly press conference that both Sydney Rice and TE Andy Boyd would definitely be back for the 2007 season..

Exact Quotes: "But, I do have one announcement for all you guys. Ya'll listening Glenn? Everybody? Here's the best news.. Sydney Rice told me he's coming back next year, definitely." Spurrier stated. "I said, can I tell the media that. He said yes sir. So, put that on the news." said Spurrier. "Sydney Rice is coming back to play for the Gamecocks next year and so is Andy Boyd. I was talking to Andy the other day right before dinner, and I said, Andy you oughta come back next year.. He said coach I really want to. I said, really? He said, yes sir, we gotta real chance here now. And, said I believe it too. We gotta dang chance here next year. Spurrier stated..

"Andy Boyd is by far our best blocking TE." Spurrier said. "He had an excellent game last week, and every game he's in there."

"I'm proud that we have some guys that want to give back to there University." Said Spurrier. "It's real encouraging that we have some guys that want to stay here as long as they can and earn a degree. So that's some of the best news I've heard in a long time."

My thoughts: It's some of the best news I've heard in a long time too! Attrition has been one of the worst habits Carolina has had. Hopefully with Sidney staying it will set an example for the younger guys.

As for Andy Boyd, I agree with Spurrier. He is the best blocking TE we've got, but I'll take it a step further and say he's one of the best blockers we've got period. He's just got to stay healthy which has been a problem for him. He's got good hands too, remember the big reception he had last week for like 40 yards! Also on Boyd, the reason he would have left this year is not because of the NFL. Skip Holtz offered him GA coaching job at ECU before the season started, but he decided to stay for the 2006 season.. Looks like ol' Skip will have to wait til after the 2007 season now..

This is just what Carolina needs though. For our players to stop running to the NFL every chance they get.. You gotta admit, It's helped Clemson over the years, and will help them next year with Barry Richardson coming back.

Great news for Carolina to say the least!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive