Saturday, August 25, 2012

Yea I talked Rich in to posting

as I did with Brent. Hopefully both will stay with us for a while. Rich had some trouble with his post and he thought he erased it. It's still there and I told him how to get to it and finish it. It's always good to add various opinions.

The Main Board huh bro? If you believe anything that me or anyone else says on there you really don't need to go there. It is troll central lol. It's fun sometimes to throw my little jabs at the Clemson and TN fans. Nothing more than that really.

Back to Byrd, yes Carolina has fans that over hyped him. Clemson certainly has the same type of fans. Every fan base does. I will say this, I bet you can't find me one quote by Spurrier about Byrd that remotely comes close to Dabo hyping Hot Rod up to be the next Spiller. That just isn't Spurrier's style and you know that. Add that one to the overblown column lol.

Now on to Spurrier going more towards the run rather than pass. So you don't think that Spurrier went to the run by choice? Even after he realised he had a top 5 RB and a QB that was a drunk? Spurrier gets credit for bringing Elliot to install the zone read. Every run play we run is Elliot's. So it wasn't Spurrier's choice to bring in Elliot? If Spurrier had a QB that could make the throws I think he would pass more. Shaw showed flashes last season but he wasn't quite there yet. Also, why ditch the run if it's working? It gave us 11 wins last season so why would Spurrier pass more?

Man bro, you really want me to say something bad about Venebles huh? Is it so you can go back and rub it in my face if he turns out to be stellar this season? I'll play if you insist bro..

Possible negatives about the hype of Venebles this season:

1) Remember how happy you guys were when Kevin Steele was hired? This guy came from Alabama and coached under Saban! He's gonna be great right? Right??

2) Clemson is not Oklahoma. They do not have the talent Oklahoma has on defense.

3) Kinda goes back to what I said before with Steele and Saban. Venebles coached under Saban so that's good. Or is it? Could Venebles success be because Stoops was calling the shots on defense? How much of it was Venebles?

4) If you're hoping for an immediate major improvement out of that defense from last season you're probably in for major disapointment. Venebles will need at least a couple of years to fix what I saw last season.


Now, possible positives for Venebles and Clemson this season:

1) Clemson's defense can't get worse can it?

2) I could be wrong but I don't think Venebles runs the 3-4 like Steele did. We both have the same feelings about the 3-4.

3) Venebles will face much weaker offenses in the ACC than he did in the Big 12.

4) This is more about long term, Venebles is a good recruiter.


I didn't want to, but there it is. None of that is speculation or my opinion either. It's all questions that will have to be answered this season. Five days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive