Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Yes it will be interesting to see if the other SEC teams improve

It will also be interesting to see if Carolina improves. If we do, and that's not out of the question, we should be better than everyone in the east again.

I know what you're saying about the QB getting injured. That can go for any team though. I bet you can't name 10 teams in the country that wouldn't be in trouble if they lost there starting QB. I think Carolina would be able to handle it as well as any one. Spurrier has had some really good things to say about Dylan Thompson. Judging by the play by play in the mini scrimmages we've had so far I can see why. He's been able to drive it down field and score. Kinda surprising to me honestly but they say he's one of the hardest workers on team so I guess it shouldn't be. He's a guy that plays it very safe and doesn't make stupid mistakes. May be too conservative at times. We just had a pretty talented QB transfer in tanner mcevoy because Thompson was so far ahead of him.

I also think Carolina has got to the point where we can't blame it on depth any more at any position really. We have quality talent back ups at every position. We've finally gotten to the point where we have SEC depth. I'm not talking about LSU and Bama type depth but UF, Tenn, UGA, Arky... certainly. I can kinda point it back to last season with Lattimore getting injured. Carolina had already lost their 2nd string RB in Shon Carson the 2nd week of the season. They then lose the backbone of their offense in Lattimore. Everybody including me thought our season was done. We then came out and won 5 of our last 6 games. Another sign of good depth at Carolina: our starting CB Akeem Auguste has been out with a groin injury since the beginning of Fall practice. When Lorenzo Ward was asked about it he said it wasn't a Carolina problem it was a Auguste problem. While he felt bad for Auguste we had plenty of players that could play.

I just think Carolina is finally to the level that we can't blame depth and injuries any more. I guess we'll find out though. I could be wrong.

We do have question marks, like all teams. The big one is punting. We don't have a sure fire guy right now. We did get a little help from a transfer that just got on campus yesterday. They say he can boom it but when he got into live practice drills he shanked it. We've had good reports about our WRs but I wanna see how we'll do without Jeffery. That will be a "?" for me until I see it in a game.

I'll let you be the judge. Go watch some of Spurriers post practice interviews and tell me if he seems different or not. I think he believes he has something this year. You tell me if it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive