Friday, August 24, 2012

What a pleasent surprise to have Brent join us lol

I'll respond to you in a second. Vance first lol. I'm not sure why you're so upset about what WCCP is saying about the pistol? If it is being run to aid poor OL play I think it's a brilliant move by Morris. A good offensive coordinator is going to work to a teams strengths and around it's weaknesses. Spurrier did the same with Carolina recently. He ditched the fun & gun due to poor QB play by Garcia, and went to a zone read run offense due to the addition of Lattimore. Great part is it worked, we played for our first SEC (albeit badly lol) and won 11 games the next season for the first time in history. I know that says a lot about our history but it is what it is. Gotta start somewhere.

As far as Shaw, I don't know what you need to be sold on? He came in the middle of last season as a true sophomore and took over. He managed the game well, very accurate (65.4 comp %), and has good wheels (may be the fastest white boy in the SEC). He is 8-1 as a starter. So I'm not sure what you are looking for? Tahj Boyd is the same way, I'm not sure what he needs to sell either? He is great when he has time to throw it. He had an excellent season last season.

On to Venebles, you are just making stuff up now bro lol. I've never said one bad thing about Venebles or his defense. I don't know enough about him to even have an opinion about him. You said you didn't know what kind of D he ran either lol. Ward on the other hand I do know. And he does have coordinator experience by the way, very good returns from the bowl game last year. By the way, how much coordinator experience did Chad Morris have before coming to Clemson?

I pretty much know what to expect out of Ward's defense. I've explained his defense here and know enough about it to have an opinion. More than just who he has coached under over the years. That seems to be all anyone knows about Venebles. That and he had good defenses at Oklahoma. Oklahoma being a little different program than Clemson. So no I haven't said anything either way about him. I'll judge Venebles by what I see on the field this year at Clemson.

Being a good coordinator is more than just who you've coached under. Case in point, who has Chad Morris coached under? Coach Eric Taylor in Texas lol? Morris turned out to be pretty good. Another example, Tommy Bowden was raised by and coached under one of the greatest of all time. All Tommy has to show for it is his dominance over a poor South Carolina program.

By the way, me saying Ward is the next Bob Stoops never happened either lol. I guess that's Vance's expectations of him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive