Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh I don't know

We both said the same thing about Garcia last season. If Garcia went down we were in trouble. Then Connor Shaw comes out against East Carolina and plays terribly. We knew especially then that Garcia had to play. It was Shaw's first start, he had a bad game against East Carolina. He comes back a few weeks later and goes 7-1 to finish the year. If Garcia would have stayed and played we would have been dead in the water. Now, I'm not saying Thompson is better than Shaw at all. All I'm saying is you can't judge Thompson by those few series that he played last night. Thompson played well in the few snaps he got last season..

It'll be interesting to see where this team goes. I think Vandy played really well as expected. I think they will go bowling again and pull off a big upset at some point this season. There is tons of room for improvement for Carolina. Even the defense needs to improve. They got by on pure physical ability last night. Too many mental errors. I think we're gonna like Ward's defensive scheme however. Spurrier's play calling last night was not impressive. He tried to do too much in the passing game. Room for improvement all around, that's for sure.

But like you said, a win is a win. I would have took 13-10 last night. But you know, we won 75% of our games last season just like last night. Low scoring, close games. I think this team will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive