Thursday, August 09, 2012

Spurrier out of excuses?

I haven't heard Spurrier use depth or injuries as an excuse for losing since he's been at Carolina. I was referring to us as fans using injuries as a excuse. I don't think Carolina fans can do that anymore. As I said, I think we now have the depth that yes UGA, UF, Tenn, ect has. And yes I think that we would be just as well off as any of those teams if we lose our starting QB. It wouldn't be good for any of those teams but our situation wouldn't be worse than any of the rest. That goes for most positions at Carolina including OL, DL, and LB. We are solid on all fronts. We are thinner in some areas than others but every team is including the ones I named above. We wouldnt be in any worse shape than them if we lost a player. I'm not talking about Lsu and bama. Bottom line is that injuries happen. It's a part of football. It would be hard to enjoy the season if you worry about injuries all the time. Speaking of, I hear Clemson lost their starting RT with a knee. May be that's where this stuff is stemming from. You can't worry about it bro. If you do you will be in for a miserable season.

Going back to Spurrier, he doesn't have to have any excuses. He just led Carolina to their best season in the history of the program. I would say the guy's job is safe. It will never not be safe while he's at Carolina. He's said before that he won't have to be ran off. If he knows he's not doing the job he'll step down and hand it over to somebody else. I'm not worried about that though. I think he proved last year he's got some good coaching years yet ahead of him.

Anyway, this is good discussion. Nothing wrong with arguing both sides. I'll take the glass half full approach. I mean the only consequence is that I'll have to admit that I'm wrong lol. Won't be that bad.

You also have me interested in these big time changes at Clemson. So there are a LOT of them huh? Do you know what they are or?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive