Thursday, August 23, 2012

The entire Clemson coaching...

staff definitely visited Nevada in the off season. Only stands to reason it was to research the pistol. No doubt you will see it, I have not heard it will be 40 to 50% of the time. I doubt anyone other than Morris and Dabo would have that information. It very well could be the case tho, not denying that. I am guessing the guy on the radio is guessing as well. I did not know that the pistol was something you ran to overcome a weak OL. I just don't know enough about it to comment, if so I guess it makes sense. If it is happening, I doubt it is being done as a band aid for this year. I think most would agree its very effective and something Morris would like to have in his play book. I would guess it fits right in with a hurry up fast paced offense? If the pistol is something like the option designed to overcome an OL or even for a different type of OL, I am all over it tho. As you know I believe there are not enough OL to go around. I believe thats why Danny Ford was able to have a good team consistently because running the option countered that. If the pistol does that like you say, I think its great.

Nine catches are quite a few for a freshman and snaps are also important even when you don't catch the ball. More than one of those catches were significant plays as well. I'd definitely count him in the group of recievers with experience, it being his second year. But you are right, we will see if the ball comes his way in the opener and the next game too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive