Friday, August 24, 2012

Not sure where...

You read I said he would run the pistol to run the option? I said nothing remotely like that, lol. Sorry bro, go back and read. I said the option is an offense that is designed for less talented teams on the OL. Nothing about Morris consistently running the option and he is not, lol. Maybe a couple times a game, but most teams do that.

Also, I am sure they are saying it, but what you posted didn't really sound like it was being ran to make up for the OL. Morris wants to run ALLOT of plays. Sounds like it's simply to run plays faster. But based on that theory, why not just a shotgun? There would be no steps. So far, I don't buy it. I think he is running it, but with different motivation. He definitely wants to get plays off and the ball out faster. Does Nevada run it to make up for their OL? I know they have statistically (a term for losers) one of the best offenses in the country. You and Philpots think it's with a bad OL? If it is an offense that makes up for a bad OL, imagine if a major program ran it? Would be unstoppable I guess. Because unlike the option, it's a well balance scheme. Something you can pass or run out of. You would not be married to the run. And Clemson's running it!!! But, I just don't buy in. I guess that's why TI is not talking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive