Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thoughts about Venables...

Someone made the comment, I can't remember who, that defensive coordinators figured out Chad Morris and all you have to do is line up in a zone defense and stand in the lanes making the offense uneffective. If you believe that he runs a Big 12 type offense this of course could not be further from the truth. As you know I like Ellis Johnson allot, I like him allot more now that he is not at Scar and for good reason. I wish he would have came to Clemson, I would not even mind if had become the head coach. He seems like one of the old guys in football. Having said that and watching him at Scar, I don't think he would have lasted very long as a defensive coordinator at Oklahoma. You cannot just line up in a zone defense, stand in passing lanes and stop Oklahoma St.

I said all that to say if you think Venables is not going to be able to stop ACC, including the option at Ga Tech or when necessary more traditional SEC type offenses after having to contend with Big 12 offense week in and week out? I don't know what to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive