Friday, May 11, 2012

I can't disagree with that

It's no secret the Spurrier is a large reason for our success. He and Hyman have really done a great job at SC. Hyman deserves just as much praise imo. Spurrier could not be successful with a administration that holds him back. Hyman has answered to every one of Spurrier's needs as well as every other coach in the athletic dept. I mean look at the baseball team, wow. They get a state of the art stadium that will rival any in the nation and they win back to back national championships. The basketball team hasn't been as successful but Hyman did make the best decision possible with this new hire in Frank Martin. Hyman has done an excellent job and that's why I trust him with the hire after Spurrier is gone. We'll get somebody good that Spurrier has already laid a great foundation for. I don't think Spurrier is leaving for at least 3-4 more years anyway.

Back to the Plyler deal. You missed the key word, "revenue". Plyler said South Carolina is lapping Clemson in "revenue". Even if South Carolina was miles ahead of Clemson as a whole in athletics, Plyler would never admit to that. That's why he through the word revenue in there. I don't think Carolina is miles ahead of Clemson as a whole in athletics. There is no way to argue that we haven't been ahead recently though.

Now for another radio personality's opinion on Clemson to the big 12.Walt Deptula has absolutely ripped everyone that has called his show that supports Clemson to the big 12. He laughs at them and embarrasses them. If you really are strong in belief that Clemson needs to go to the big 12, you don't need to listen to his show. It will only piss you off. His whole view surrounds the fact that Clemson can win in the ACC. They could possibly beat any team in the ACC on any given day. He asks why anyone would want to go away from that? He doesn't think Clemson is ready to play teams like Ok and Texas (even though they're down right now) on a seasonal basis. He says they are just not at that level yet. He also says that with the NCAA going to the 4 team playoff national championship they're best shot to be one of those 4 teams will be in the ACC. He says it will be nearly impossible for Clemson with a big 12 schedule. Like I said, these are not my views they are Walt's.

I'm really on the fence about it myself. I can see what you mean about playing teams like Texas, Ok, ect. rather than playing Syracuse and Pitt. It would also be more money. But you have to think that the travel expenses would cut into that a lot not just for football but for every other sport.

On the other hand, you and I both have argued for years about the ACC being a dying conference. You claimed to like the direction the ACC was headed in. You claimed that adding Syracuse and Pitt was a football move by Swoffard, not a basketball move. I must admit that I kinda find it hard to believe that the conference that you spent so much time defending (and sometimes screaming and yelling about lol) you are willing to just jump ship. What changed for you?

I don't really have an opinion about it. I see both sides of the story. I would like to see Clemson keep playing UNC, NC ST, GT, and schools like that because it gives me a reason to keep up with them. It also may be a good thing to have a reason to keep up with the big 12 schools. I'll ride the fence for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive