Wednesday, May 23, 2012

When Va Tech joined...

the ACC, Virginia tried to block it. The state government got involved and said cut it out or else (state funding) etc... The SEC has supposedly and I have my doubts, courted the Va Tech and they said no thanks. Va Tech has not done well at all vs the SEC, joining it will not help. They are not going to get the recruits to be competitive in the SEC. They are doing very well now, but they have gone down hill IMO. Beamer is getting old and it will be a tall task to replace him. I don't think the state of Virginia or the admin of Va Tech are going to accept that. Just my opinion.

As for NC State, sure, I don't see why not. But I have not really heard that they are under or have been under heavy consideration, I cannot say it does not make sense somewhat. They may get one or two more recruits, but they will certainly become a below .500 team, which will not help recruiting at all. Much like Ole Miss and Miss St. Kentucky etc... You do not become great or get great recruits when you join the SEC and if you are fielding a mediocre team, you just added SEC competition with a mediocre football program. I don't even think NC State has won the ACC and they would hope to be successfull in the SEC? I have on the other hand heard allot of talk about Maryland joining the SEC and even Big 10. Whether we agree or not they appear to be more valuable than the other 2 teams when you are looking at the big picture.

NC State will be awfull in the SEC, Va Tech for a little while longer will at least have a winning record. But they will go from being in the hunt to win the conference and sneaking into the National Championship to never sniffing a conference championship again. I think the guys that make the decisions know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive