Thursday, May 17, 2012

Not sure I said any of that lol

Maybe I did and forgot. I'll hold judgment on Venebles until I see his defense at Clemson on the field. I will say that it will take a miracle for them to be much more than average next season. If you wonder why I say that go back and watch the orange bowl again. You can't pin all 70 points on Steele. Well you can and probably will but you'll be kidding yourself. Venebles will be well worth the money if Clemson's defense is above average next season. That's not a knock by the way. If you go from really bad to average it is a vast improvement.

There is no doubt that Johnson is a great dc. However, if there was a knock on him it would be getting conservative and playing soft zone against pass happy offenses. Need proof go back and watch every matchup against arky. One thing that Lorenzo ward has said will change is being much more aggressive and playing more man to man. It may or may not work but with the speed and talent of our defense i think we can pull it off. Doesn't hurt to have Taylor and Clowney wreaking havoc in the backfield every other play. I guess we'll find out.

But yea I'll hold judgement on venebles until he shows something either way on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive