Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three questions, three responses

As far as Chad Kelly bad news goes, use google. Or hell just read this site. I just posted an article about him being kicked off the team. I saw the national TV broadcast where he snapped at the coach. Some showcase event, don't remember which.

As far as Lattimore pulling an ACL or getting injured, what would happen to Carolina? Your guess is as good as mine. What would have happened to Auburn if they would have lost Cam Newton last year. Or what would have happen to UF if Tebow went down for the season? No national champs I bet. All you can do is hope your star players stay healthy. Why look on the darkside?

On the Sherman situation, it may be wrong or it may be right but from a program standpoint its smart. It lets players, especially walkons, know that they will work for that scholarship.

Sherman was a student at USC that was recruited there by the track team and later kicked off, as Vance well knows because I caught hell for it lol. He tried out for the football team and was a hard worker. He had no expectations of gaining a scholarship when he tried out. Turns out there were enough scholarships to go around to some of the walkons after the recruiting cycle. Sherman was awarded one just like all schools award walkons extra, left over scholarships. He was made no promises that he would retain that scholarship after that season. The numbers didn't work out this year and Sherman possibly would not have been able to get the free scholarship that he was awarded before. Sherman said screw it, I don't want to have to work for my scholarship like I did when I initialy tried out for the team. He quit by his on decision.

Was it right? Maybe not. Was it wrong? Probably not. Was it smart? Well that is for the coach to decide and I like my coach so I will side with him..

The bad part is it may hurt with recruiting walkons in the future LOL..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive