Saturday, July 23, 2011

I think you are right bro..

I don't blame you for being happy, I would not give two shits less if the ACC was down and Clemson won it. Makes absolutely no difference it would not cross my mind. If you win the SEC, you win the SEC period. There is no doubt good things are happening at Scar, that is a given.

I don't blame you about Spurrier and I don't blame him for pulling out all stops. Honestly he realized it was never going to get done any other way. I just don't think any team should be able to do it, thats all. Putting players out that don't perform and will never see the field, sure, it helps them as well to move to a school they can play at. But I think pulling Sherman's scholarship as a player who was contributing and making kids offers that are not valid and accepting their commitment is taking it too far. I think the NCAA needs to get that under control, its plain wrong for these kids and some schools will do it just to keep them from signing somewhere else. Its what the 85 limit rule exists for, but at least before they would get a scholarship and not be left in the cold.

The rivalry? I don't really think too much about that, I think allot more about winning big games in general than I do about the rivalry. Its going to be 10 years of dominating us with an inevitable coaching change for you before I believe its turned. Right now I think you caught Clemson looking to the ACC championship, not taking the game seriously and then caught a very bad Clemson team the next year. How bad was it? We have not had a losing record in 12 years or so? So I have not bought into the hype that things have changed just yet. But I don't blame you one bit for being very happy about it and seeing it as a possibility. Is it possible? Sure, but it has not really even crossed my mind that it has already happened based on what has happened so far. I promise you I am not even worried about it.

The admin at Clemson? We stay where we are "reasonably competitive" because we beat Scar consistently. Thats all it takes to get by really. If that has really changed you will see changes in Clemson, just like you already saw this year with coaches. You think they would have made changes had we beat Scar and finished with 7 wins? I don't.

It actually excites me a little, because changes could finally be brewing, after 20 years. All those interviews of failed coaches at Clemson had 2 things in common. Not enough support from the admin and they all had winning records over Scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive