Sunday, July 17, 2011

Great Look


I like the new look of the site. At first I thought I had went to the wrong place. Nothing new to report this weekend. The NCAA 12 game is pretty polished, but the defense needs to be toned down. I want to watch "Game of Thrones" but don't have HBO. I read the first book and have heard the show was pretty good.

I got a small topic dealing with a minor football element. Uniforms, changes, and how tradition plays a part in them. I saw, playing the game, that SC has changed their uniform designs slightly. They look pretty good, but at the same time I am old fashioned and was glad when Dabo changed Clemson back to their traditional striped uniforms. The purple is cool, but besides purple tops on white bottoms, I would not mind seeing that color being only a minor part of the uni's. I just think the purple is overpowering. And I know I have defended them before.

But to my point, have you noticed that it's mainly teams that don't have a ton of tradtion that go with new and flashy uniform styles lately? Could you imagine Alabama with curves and a black jersey? What about Notre Dame with Odd designs etched on their jerseys? I'm not trying to flame or anything. It was just an observation I've made with the current trend of upstart teams changing their uniforms every two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive