Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lets talk some fracking football!

Well, all week Clemson has been kind of a media darling. I saw an interview with Dabo Swinney and Erin Andrew's sexy ass. I thought Dabo did well. Clemson missed a lot of key opportunities saturday. They could've been up by 20 points at one point. Tajh Boyd made an atrocious play that put FSU back in it. The defense gave up big pass plays to freshman Trickett (look out EJ, this guy is a good one). But, Clemson still won. They played inconsistent, but they never lost the lead once they had it. One of the things I've been most impressed with is second half time of possession the last two weeks. I'm not gonna look up the stats but when reading abotu it post game I was really amazed at how Clemson's offense kept churning and keeping the other team off the field and not giving them an opportunity to come back.

This leads me into the Virgina Tech game. Wow, what a game this could be. I think Virginia Tech's defense is great. Its at Lane Stadium. No matter who wins, Clemson will have some struggles. Defensively, Clemson hasn't been great against the run. Also, they're susceptible to big plays. I know VT will get their running yards, but I think Clemson has to pressure the freshman quarterbact to make critical mistakes (Logan Thomas has 4 tds, 4 ints to date). A pick against this defense will be a lot bigger than against the Thundering Herd.

Offensively, Clemson has to be able to rush effectively, if not dominately. I think Clemson will be able to move the ball somewhat, but they're not gonna get as many third down conversions, I would think. If they can get to 30 I think they win. Virginia Tech hasn't shown great offensive capability yet, based off of their scores. I haven't watched them, but 26 and 17 aren't great numbers against putrid defenses. Hopefully that will be the case saturday.

Either way, this is the toughest challenge to date. It's going to be tough up there and I don't think you'll find one Clemson fan to deny it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive