Thursday, September 22, 2011

Let me clarify for you both..

I said:

Lattimore is great, but I agree with Brent, he won't last all year like this. Defenses are going to key in on him from here on out.

Meaning: Defenses will key in on him and stop him well enough to beat you. Also yes, increases his chance of getting injured.

Spurrier said:

"I don't think we can run Marcus every play this week," Spurrier said. "We've got to try to utilize some other players and see if we can look like a pretty good offense this week."

Meaning IMO:

We may not win relying on Lattimore, possibly. I agree.

Also from Spurrier:

"He's healthy and ready to go this game," Spurrier said. "We never go into the game thinking he's going to run 35 or 40 times. Then when things start happening in the passing game, you start wondering, 'Why in the world are those guys trying to pass?' I'm saying the same thing you guys are saying. We end up running, running, running and trying to win the game. If he gets banged up a bit, the next game we probably won't give him 30 (carries)."

Meaning??

You interpret that for yourself.

My main point and Spurrier's main point was defenses will key in on him from here on out. It probably will get you beat eventually and increases the the chances of him not being healthy. He should have been able to rest somewhat against Navy. That should have been the Alshon Jeffrey show. No way they should have been able to stop him.

Thanks for clarifying Ryan, I have not said one time Scar sucked. So it had to come from someone else. But I think they should have played better and can play better. I think Spurrier agrees, yes guilty, I read his comments and factor them into my comments. Because I am obviously biased as a Clemson fan and will need someone elses comments to have any sort of validity in what I am saying.

My point with Troy was the whole Utah State, Wofford, Navy, ECU ect... Are not really any good evidence at all on likely outcomes in the future. Especially when the teams in question found a way to win.

Good stats on guys that are all retired and played in a different era of college football. I just know in todays game its not often a RB makes it through the season. Neither one of ours did last year. Must have took allot of research. Mine will take 2 seconds for an example. Marcus Lattimore last year is what I am talking about here. My main point was defenses will key in on him and stop him if you don't start having other players contribute. But yes, it also increases his chances of getting banged up. I don't see how its not a valid point.

I just don't think any team in this day will line up and run the ball over SEC defenses. But again all of this will get settled on the field.

Good comments and discussion from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive