Friday, September 30, 2011

After your last post I'm not sure if you've even watched Carolina play this season

There is too much wrong with your post. First of all on 50% of every pass plays Carolina has attempted this season my whole house has yelled "HE'S WIDE OPEN!!!". Garcia has missed way too many open WRs thus far. I'm sure there have been a few bad routes ran but the facts don't lie, if there is a guy wide open there is no reason not to hit him.

I also don't buy that BS about the play calling. Garcia is a 5th year senior. He has been in this offense for FIVE YEARS! While in the hell should Spurrier have to build up his confidence by throwing short passes? Spurrier's play caling has been just fine and if Garcia would have hit a few more wide open guys we wouldn't be having this disscussion right now. We would have rolled everyone we have played so far.

Also, there is no excuse for throwing 4 picks to Vandy. I'll admit that Vandy's defense has improved but damn, 4 picks.

I would say that 90% of our offensive woes has been Garcia. If you want to put the other %10 on the WRs and play calling that is fine.

Going on to Garcia's Grandfather dying. I wouldn't have thought the alcohol comment was that far fetched until I heard about this. Hell I know I would under perform if I was cut off from beer too. But this thing with Garcia goes deeper than that. Let me divulge further, have you noticed how Spurrier's attitude has changed towards Garcia? Go back and listen to his comments since even before the season started. It definitely isn't Spurrier like comments, especially about Garcia. I will let Rich post further into it than this because he is the one who brought it up and it makes perfect sense. I am pretty sure Spurrier even said after Garcia got into trouble that last time something like "Stephen has some other issues going on in his life."

Like I said, I am not making excuses for him. He has made some down right boneheaded decisions so far. I can also see where his mind may have been. Is it not tough to lose someone you are close to? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive