Friday, September 30, 2011

Predictions Week 5

Here goes....

Clemson is in for it. They will face adversity like they haven't faced all year. I don't think Auburn or FSU either one are complete teams. Not to slight either, especially Florida State, most programs are not cohesive yet. I don't think either loss can be spun too much. But, Virginia Tech almost always has a consistent team. They're tough and can run the ball. They just can't beat elite teams. I guess what I'm saying is that Clemson will prove if they are for real or not this week. Lose and well, they will probably still be good at the end of the season. If they win, we may be looking at a historical season, getting 10 wins and a BCS game. The worst thing that can happen is a blowout. Most of the time gut wrenching games are the worst, but in this case I would rather see them go toe to toe. A blowout means....pretenders!

My concerns are on defense. I'm afraid of Virginia Tech being able to run down Clemson's throat and control the clock and tempo. I may be wrong on this, but I don't think it matters where Clemson gets the ball. They're gonna move it. If VT limits their chances, they're gonna win. In my opinion, Clemson needs at least 24 points to win it. I don't think VT is capable of putting much more than 20 without turnover help. They will more than likely get a pick. And you will get mine.........Clemson 27-Virginia Tech 24

South Carolina is living on borrowed time right now with their qb issues. Yes, yes, it is a beaten drum. I only bring it up because we all know that at the current pace they will slip up against more talented teams. Guess what, Auburn isn't one of them. I look for Stephen Garcia to wake up and smell the chicken shit and have a big game. Sure, Auburn's defense is putrid, but the same medicine that fed Tajh Boyd and Clemson will wake up this offense and give them confidence needed to make them a much more balanced threat.

I think Carolina needs to put together a complete game on defense against a team that has the ability to move the ball. They have been suspect at times until the lights out performance last week (77 yards are you kidding me). There are some good teams left out there that will punish mistakes. Jadaveon Clowney and that defensive line neutralize a ton of those mistakes, but there are definitely some things that aren't completely there. Won't matter. Carolina gains mojo and some much needed consistancy, and more importantly confidence: South Carolina 41 Auburn 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive