Friday, June 22, 2007

Well Actually,


You are wrong about this one. First off I post this stuff because you do usually have good info on what was actually said. I'm quite sure your info is accurate. But you are wrong still, I wasn't gonna even mention it but as long as we are still discussing it, I didn't actually read the article when I posted it and it got my curiosity up. As bad as I hate to take up for Cock fans and I do know the boards are not good info sources they didn't misquote him or take him out of context at all,,, The State newspaper did it. This is interesting to me because why would a Columbia based paper misquote him? I could understand The Anderson Independent or Greenville News, but The State? Here is the Quote:
Spurrier is fine with the way the college bowl system works. “I’m not really at a school that needs to worry about the national championship. As a school that won a bowl game, there’s something neat about winning your last game.”
Here is the link so there is no doubt at all that my info on what State Newpaper printed is accurate:
As for Tommy Boy, some kind of way you guys got the wrong impression. I pretty much have agreed already with what you guys are saying. I was simply stating the reasons why recruits come and are gonna contnue to come. Also why they don't consider themselves as a waste. Yes bro he does run a clean program and keeps them out of trouble. Another biggie, especially for parents is he has one of the top graduation rates in the country. So NFL and or a degree. Certainly not a waste. College football, certainly lacking.
Thanks bro for the comment on Danny, you know to me its unfinished bussiness (I wouldn't even care if he didn't win). Brent you can kiss my ass on this one. A young coach? You mean the flavor of the week like Tommy Bowden? Thats what we did this time. Again I say who? Come on Brent you gotta have a soluion, otherwise what good are the complaints. For me, its Paul Johnson, certainly not a young punk that was probably inspired by NCAA Football video games.
As for Spurrier, I think he will win. Saying after his first two years he is a shoe in, can't agree. I am not convinced you will see him continue to beat the Tigers. He has at this point he has lost the "I don't have good atheletes excuse". I am sure he will be more competitive. Not sure at all this will spell wins. The Cocks snuck up on the Tigers last year. We finally took for granted that we would win. I think however losing is the cure for that. I am pretty sure reguardless of what happens all year you will see the same level of motivation that you normally see on gameday, they usually look like a team that can will the National Champ when they play the Cocks (for me thats pretty frustrating).

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive