Monday, June 18, 2007

Clemson loses TE commit..


3 star TE Nic DiLillo decided Clemson was to far away from home. DiLillo resides in Ohio and claims that his decommitment had nothing to do with Clemson. He loved Clemson and his trip there.. He loved it so much he forgot how far away from home he was..


The 6-foot-5, 220 lb. DiLillo is expected to commit to Pittsburg soon, as he is heavily favoring them at this time.

I didn't think this was a big deal at first (it's a 3 star TE, big whoop) but apparently I was wrong. After discussing Clemson's TE situation with some of the clemson people on the boards, I found out how big of a need the TE is for Clemson this year. Spence's two TE sets are very important in the running game. Clemson currently has 3 TE on their roster; 2 Fr and a So. Losing DiLillo hurts but there are more out there.


Call me crazy, but with Clemson having Phillip Merling for 1 or 2 more years and Ricky Sapp for 2 or 3, then Daquan Bowers coming in next year (if he qualifies.) I don't see the idea of moving Jamie Cumbie over to TE as out of the question. He has speed from what I have heard from you guys and he has the build of a TE now. If he stays at DE, he will have to add at least 20 lbs. of muscle from what I hear. Even at 255 lbs. he still looks skinny they say because he is so tall (6-foot-7.) I have always thought he looked more like a TE or even a offensive takle (If he added about 30 lbs.) than he did a DE. What do ya'll think?

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive