Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Want To Win the ACC!!


Vance, the waste of talent is in reference to the fans. Wasting their talent by not winning games. I just feel like 8 years is a long time in college football if you're at a winnable school and have not had at least one great season. Every team except Clemson has made a run or won the ACC (excluding Duke and newcomers, which have also done better than Clemson.) Maryland in 2001, North Carolina in 2000, I think that was the year, NC State had a great year with Philip Rivers. GT and Wake played for it last year. That is too many programs that have leapt above us and shouldn't have. I know we have more talent than them, so what is the problem?

Where does this Danny Ford stuff come from? Ford is a farmer now, who is probably out of touch with the modern game. I don't think fishing a coach from the past is the problem. We need young, aggressive coaches that will take a shot downfield and run multiple blitzes. Right now, we are so vanilla offensively and defensively its pathetic. I don't wanna hear about Proctor not being able to run the offense, because I have watched it for 2 years and have seen this offense not only sputter, but completely breakdown at least for 2 whole games (vs. BC 2005 & at VT 2006). It seems like they don't have the play variety sometimes to change it either. Defensively, we play a tampa 2 type defense with soft zone coverage meant to stop the big play, but all teams do is throw 3-step drops and 10-12 yard intermediate passes and move the ball at will. Every, EVERY pocket passer we faced last year was able to do this. Wow, I know I don't sound optimistic, but maybe I'm not. I am excited and could be surprised this year, but don't expect me to be excited about playing Southwest Louisiana Tech in the Chiquita Banana bowl live from Pudderfunk, Tennessee. You don't recruit 4 and 5 star players for that shit!!!

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive