Thursday, June 21, 2007

This is the article that I told ya'll I wrote at school yesterday..


Thank goodness I was able to recover it... This was written right after I read your last post bro.

About the Spurrier quote, regardless of which message board it came off of, it was not true. The quote I posted is what he actually said. Unfortunately, I don’t have the proof to back it up. I searched for almost an hour trying to find the article that I got the quote from but I can’t find it. I'm pretty sure it was in an article on Gamecock Central and I guess it’s been taken out of the archives. You can trust me on this though; Gamecock fans on message boards can misquote coaches and players too just like anyone else. At first glance, they think “Spurrier said he’s at a school where he doesn’t have to worry about winning national championships.” Then where do they go with their quote that’s taken out of context?? That’s right, strait to the Carolina message boards. I’ve been guilty of it myself and was put in my place by many of the Gamecock posters as I’m sure the guy that posted that was. You know how those boards work bro. After a while you know what to believe and what not to believe. As I said though, that quote was taken completely out of context.



As far as ole Tommy goes. I was not talking about getting players to the NFL. The NFL coaches are going to use those talented players to their full ability. Tommy on the other hand does not; he wastes them. With all of those NFL caliber players that Tommy has had at Clemson, he has done nothing with them but whip up on poor Lou Holtz and beat his dad every other year. He has yet to win an ACC championship in his eight years at Clemson. Even with his best team yet, this past season and playing in the worst ACC in many years, he, as our daddy would say, assed around and let Wake win the ACC. That’s what I mean by wasting talent. Yea, Clemson is going to get recruits that want to go to the NFL but Tommy will do nothing with them, just as he has done for so many seasons in a row. Good recruits at Clemson under Tommy Bowden will prove to be meaningless. Before, they weren’t meaningless because they beat their rival every year and took a gemme from FSU every other year. Well, as much as I love to say it, all that is about to change. Carolina now has a coach that will win, and FSU has an offensive coordinator that knows what he is doing.



As far as us winning the game last season by only a field goal, here is the best way to explain what I want to say. In 2004, Holtz’s last season at Carolina, Clemson beat Carolina handily by a score of 29-7. In 2005, Spurrier’s first year at Carolina, Clemson beat Carolina by a score of 13-9 and Clemson had the much better team that year. This past season, Carolina beat Clemson by a score of 31-28. You see a trend starting to develop?



The biggest thing, and it is a huge thing, that Tommy has done is keep players out of trouble. Tommy also does exactly what his bosses want him to do without argument. That’s why I think Tommy’s tenure at Clemson will be much longer than you guys would like. I think it’s going to take at least a 6 loss season with a loss to the Gamecocks for Tommy to lose his job.



Please understand bro, my comments are not knocking on Clemson. They are however knocking on Tommy and Clemson if they continue to let him destroy that program.



On the subject of Danny “The Good Lord” Ford... lol. I would like to see Danny come back just because I know that’s what you would want to happen more than anything. I would be curious to see if he still has it. It would be very interesting, imo.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive