Friday, June 22, 2007

OK, I'm gonna go out on limb and really rile you guys up...

First off Brent, I have to disagree with you. I really think Vic K. has done an outstanding job as Defensive coordinator. Even the article you posted gave the D rave reviews. Most people who are down on the Tigers say good things about the defense. The defense has made great leaps in the past two years. With the exception of the VT game they played good enough to win every game. That game was simply a disaster, but I think it has something to do with about a million 3 and outs. When they are vulnerable it is usually because they have been on the field the whole game. It must be very demotivating to give the O the ball on the opp. 40 yard line and get no points. They still play hard even with that. Another thing, you have to adapt to you weaknesses. Our LB's were not very strong last year and the D scheme was adapted to overcome and did quite well I think.


Out on a limb? Well the best choice for the Head coach job could be right under our noses. He is an outstanding motivator and we have good assistant coaches and outstanding recruiters. Its possible to keep some of them if he took the reigns. He would also be at a good price. If you have not heard, we cannot afford to buy out Tommy's contract and offer a wad of cash to a new coach. We are gonna have Tommy for 1 probably two more years.


Personally, I think it would be a good stab at something new. He is a fairly young guy so he meets your requirements. I am not saying its the answer but it certainly has some good points you gotta admit. This may sound kind of silly, but I have heard my bro say it about QB's so I will say it. He has the look of a good coach, he looks like he would not except defeat.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive