Thursday, June 28, 2007

ACC Coaches and a Cute Picture of Blake


In reply to your Phil Steele's magazine, Clemson is ranked #22 in Street & Simith's, but I'm only using my S&S this year to have a guide on every team. The only thing is, it doesn't have full rosters like I wanted. I may just have to get and ACC Lindy's or something just for ACC rosters at the ready. Oh here's my coaching rankings for the ACC. Keep in mind this is my opinion only and some of them I don't know a terrible amount about!


12. Virginia- Al Groh: Virginia used to be a power, now they're a laugh. I've heard this guy's an asshole as well. I don't see him in Charlottesville much longer.


11. Duke- Ted Roof: I haven't watched a lot of Duke lately but anyone stupid enough to take this job belongs at the bottom. (For Blake: exception being Steve Spurrier)


10. Georgia Tech- Chan Gailey: Letting Reggie Ball start for four years gives you a glimpse of this guy's foolishness. Their D is good, but this is about head coaches.


9. Miami- Randy Shannon: Just don't know a lot about him right now, but the D has always been good under him.


8. Boston College- Jeff Jagodzinski: The team there is good, but I heard a lot of rumblings in Boston this spring in the news.


7. Florida State- Bobby Bowden: Bobby, it took you way too long to get rid of your son's pitiful excuse for an offense. And we all thought it was Chris Rix a couple of years ago.


6. Clemson- Tommy Bowden: Keeps Clemson in football games, recruits well. Loses to mediocre teams, doesn't seem to care. Been there too long without a championship run and as had too many offensive coordinators.


5. North Carolina- Butch Davis: Mark my words, this guy will recruit well and have North Carolina winning football games soon.


4. Maryland- Ralph Friedgen: This guy has had and ACC championship and his teams generally play well every year.


3. Virgina Tech- Frank Beamer: Awesome defensive schemes, great special teams and turning 3 star guys into the best defense in America.


2. NC State- Tom O'Brien: Runs very disciplined teams and turned BC into a perennial winner.


1. Wake Forest- Jim Grobe: If you can win the ACC with the Demon Deacons, it shows you have a great coach. I wish this guy was at Clemson.

Followers

Pageviews past week

Blog Archive